- Grey’s Anatomy made a musical episode
- Jane Lynch (who plays cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester on Glee) will be hosting the Emmy’s this year
- Kim Kardashian will be producing a reality TV show to create a new version of the Pussycat Dolls (didn’t someone already try this and fail with Girlicious?)
- Apparently Christopher Columbus didn’t discover America, a whole bunch of explorers (including St Brendan of Ireland) got there first
- The braniac writer of gimmick-lit “novel” Pride & Prejudice & Zombies is writing a sequel to Beetljuice, I can only assume because coming up with new ideas has gone out of fashion in Hollywood
- Nicolas Cage is a vampire – someone’s selling a photo from the 1870’s on eBay which has a striking resemblance to the very same flaming skeleton Ghost Rider
Tag Archives: hollywood
This headline is from celebitchy.com and…yeah, it pretty much says it all.
The whole rash of remakes over the last few years has bothered me no end, mostly because it makes the film industry seem incredibly lazy but also because it takes the heart of out the original stories and creates something specifically designed to make money.
Case in point – The Wicker Man. The origninal is a masterpiece of suspense and terror, the remake is an excuse for gratuitous and ridiculous violence.